Tuesday 24 September 2013

Terriyaki Fish


I haven't posted for a long time though I am been cooking dinners all the while. I have held off from baking pastries and cakes as I am my biggest consumer and I simply cannot indulge in more carbs or sugar. 

Dinner today was Terriyaki pan fried fish, baked pumpkin with rosemary and onions along with steamed rice. It was simple to prepare and everyone enjoyed dinner too! The pumpkin recipe was my innovation and I am glad it came out well. I have been watching a few cooking shows, one of them being, Giada at home and felt inspired to try something new and different. Besides, pumpkin was the only vegetable felt in my fridge.

Terriyaki Fish




Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time : 6-8 minutes

Serves : 4 people

Ingredients for Terriyaki Fish

Salmon or Pangasius Fish Fillet : 4 medium sized pieces
Terriyaki sauce  : 4 tsp
Pepper : 1/2 tsp
Cooking oil: 1 tsp

Marinate the fish fillet in the terriyaki sauce and pepper for 15 minutes. Heat a pan and drizzle the oil onto it. Fry each side of the fish for around three minutes till both the sides turn golden brown. Pour a few drops of the fried Terriyaki fish to lock in the moisture.

Seve with steamed rice and vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment